At the mention of Halloween manicures, your mind wanders to blood-red tips and Frankenstein-green nail art, right? Well, it's time to ditch the color, witches!
Embracing the monochromatic trend, Us Weekly decided to round up four terrifyingly stylish Halloween-themed manis that use only black and white polish (or, in the case of one, stickers). The midnight hue is the base, while the white polish adds spooky accents, like mummy wraps and sneaky eyes.
And bonus: Two of these glow in the dark!
Nails Inc. Googly Ghost Eyes
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Paint two coats of black polish like Nails Inc.'s "Black Taxi," followed by a mattifying top coat like the brand's "Westminster Bridge Matte Effect."
3. Using a proper nail art dotting tool, dot two small drops of white polish such as "Floral Street" on each nail to create the whites of the eyes.
4. Allow time to dry!
5. Grabbing the dotting tool again, finish with an even smaller dot of black to the edges of the white for a "googly" effect.
6. Finish with a top coat.
Jinsoon Spider Webs
1. Apply a base coat like Jinsoon's "Power Coat" polish.
2. Brush on two coats of white like the brand's "Kookie White" shade.
3. Allow time to dry!
4. Using a very thin brush, draw three lines outwards from the center of the side of the nail using a black polish (try "Nocturne" by Jinsoon). Starting from the inner corner, connect them to form the individual strands of the spider web.
5. Finish with a top coat.
Sinful Colors "Dressed to Kill" Swirl
Everything you need for the swirling style in is the tutorial above!
Jamberry "All Wrapped Up" Stickers
These limited-edition wraps are on the cuter side of spooky. And yes, you'll be able to see them in a dark room!
Be a trendsetter! Sign up now for the Us Weekly Style & Beauty newsletter to get celeb fashion, beauty tips, and more delivered directly to your inbox.