Kaitlyn Bristowe, 30, took a break from searching for love on ABC’s hit show The Bachelorette, which airs Mondays at 8 p.m., to fill Us Weekly in on 25 surprising facts about herself.
1. I have an extreme fear of birds. It’s the flapping that scares me.
2. I’m a huge musical theater nerd. When I was in high school, I was the fiddler in Fiddler on the Roof.
3. If I could be an animal, I would be a quokka, the happiest animal in the world.
4. I have naturally curly hair.
5. Monopoly was my favorite game as a kid.
6. I’ve never spent more than $100 on shoes.
7. My favorite movie is Across the Universe.
8. I secretly sang in a choir and didn’t tell my friends for a year.
9. I received a full-ride scholarship to a dance company.
10. I love sushi.
11. My guilty pleasure is watching Extreme Couponing.
12. A Bernese mountain dog named Doug is my dream pet.
13. I attended cosmetology school for three years.
14. Laundry is my absolute favorite chore.
15. No one is closer to me than my mom.
16. I hate ice cream. My favorite dessert is chocolate sticky toffee pudding.
17. I am obsessed with Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.
18. My favorite color is black.
19. My middle name is Dawn, and my family calls me KD.
20. Sometimes I bite my nails in my sleep.
21. I’ve seen every single episode of Family Guy.
22. If I could go anywhere, I would go to the Canary Islands in Spain.
23. I love country music, especially Luke Bryan.
24. I love camping. One time the weather was awful, so we just camped in the garage.
25. I high-five myself in the mirror in the mornings to set the day off right.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics, and more delivered straight to your inbox!