5 Things You Didn't Know About James Middleton
So just who is James Middleton, the kid brother of the future princess of England? Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the 23-year-old entrepreneur!
1. He's a cake-making entrepreneur. Following in the steps of his parents, James runs an upscale bakery business, Cake Kit Company. The Telegraph reports that Middleton is in the process of launching three new businesses: Nice Cakes, Nice Wine and Nice Group London.
2. He dropped out of university after one year. At age 20, Middleton dropped out of Edinburgh University to begin his entrepreneurial cake venture. He told The Telegraph: "Within a few weeks, I knew it wasn't where I wanted to be. I was always looking for business ideas."
3. He was kicked out of his parents' kitchen. Middleton's Cake Kit company is a subset of his and Kate's parents' business, Party Pieces. Though he initially baked and created in the family's kitchen, he was banished for making too much of a mess.
4. He's roommates with his sister, Pippa. Middleton lives in the Chelsea neighborhood of London, in a flat with his and Kate's sister, Pippa, a party planner, Ella, and his black cocker spaniel puppy. The Telegraph reports that Michael and Carole Middleton purchased the apartment for £780,000 in 2002.
5. He's no stranger to bad press. Revealing photos have hit the internet of Middleton dressed in one of Pippa's dresses; another of Middleton, apparently naked, was released, as well as a photo of him in a French maid's uniform.