5 Things You Don't Know About Charlene Wittstock
So just who is Charlene Wittstock, the 33-year-old beauty engaged to Albert II, Prince of Monaco? Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the blonde beauty, who wed Albert, 53, on Friday.
1. She's South African. The future princess of Monaco was actually born in Zimbabwe, but moved to South Africa at age 11. She didn't move to Monaco until her relationship got serious with the prince.
2. She's an Olympic swimmer. Wittstock was a member of the South African 4x100 meter medley team at the 2000 Summer Olympics. They placed fifth overall.
3. She didn't start dating Prince Albert right away. The duo met in 2000 when Wittstock traveled to Monaco for a swimming competition. Their first official appearance together as a couple was in February 2006 at the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics.
4. She wants to modernize Monaco. Wittstock told British magazine Tatler that she hopes to bring the tiny principality up to speed by opening a Starbucks and a Manolo Blahnik shoe store.
5. She's a fashionista. The future princess admits she was initially "insecure" about how to dress as a member of Monaco society. She befriended Karl Lagerfield who helped her cultivate her refined style. She plans to bring Fashion Week to Monaco.