5 Things You Don't Know About X Factor Co-Host Steve Jones
Say hello to Steve Jones!
The 34-year-old Welsh model turned TV presenter is set to cohost Simon Cowell's X Factor with Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger when it comes Stateside this fall, but just who is this hot bloke? Us Weekly reveals five need-to-know details.
1. He's already got plenty of celebrity support. After word of Jones' appointment leaked online, CNN host Piers Morgan was quick to applaud his pal. "Congrats to Steve Jones on landing the US X Factor co-hosting gig," Morgan Tweeted. "Great guy, really pleased for him."
2. While Jones is a virtual unknown to American audiences, he brings a wealth of experience with him Stateside. Making his debut on TV's BBC One in 2009 hosting Let's Dance for Comic Relief, Jones went on to present the quizshow As Seen on TV. He's also a seasoned actor, having appeared in small roles in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging and Plus One.
3. Forget hours of time in the makeup chair! Jones is totally low-maintenance when it comes to grooming. "I cant be bothered! It takes too much time," Jones told FHM.com of his beauty routine. "I want to be able to enjoy myself with my friends not be in the bathroom for 2 hours."
4. Jones has a way with A-list ladies. The handsome host was once romantically linked with Halle Berry, Pamela Anderson and Hayden Panettiere! But don't expect to see his former paramours pop up at tapings of the Fox series. "It sounds ruthless, but I'm not into the 'let's be friends' thing. To me, ex is ex. Ex means I'm not going to see that person again," he told U.K. paper The Sun.
5. Perhaps most importantly, he's an X Factor fan. "It's one of the biggest -- probably the biggest -- jobs in presenting at the moment," the ex T4 presenter has said. "Of course I would love to do it. I'm a big X Factor fan."