Jason Bourne is back! With the resurrection of the ace assassin played by Matt Damon comes the return of Julia Stiles’ CIA operative Nicky Parsons. Both appeared in the first three films — The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum — and the latest comes nearly 10 years after the third.
Ahead of Jason Bourne’s theatrical release on July 29, the Save the Last Dance star exclusively shared 25 interesting facts about herself with Us Weekly!
1. I was in the video for Cyndi Lauper’s “Sally’s Pigeons” when I first started acting.
2. I am ambidextrous. I write with my right hand but played basketball in high school with my left.
3. I was kicked out of a Morrissey concert.
4. I have crowd-surfed twice, last time on New Year’s Eve at a Deer Tick show in NYC.
5. I will be living in France for seven months for Riviera, a British TV show created by Neil Jordan.
6. I auditioned for Neil over a decade ago and didn’t get the part. I think he remembered me.
7. Stevie Nicks gave me a crescent-shaped gold pendant that I still wear.
8. I hosted Saturday Night Live my sophomore year [at Columbia University].
9. Julia Roberts taught me how to knit on the set of Mona Lisa Smile.
10. I can say three sentences in Czech. We shot The Bourne Identity there. I picked some up.
11. I haven’t been to a single dance class since Save the Last Dance. I’m too self-conscious now. Yoga has replaced that.
12. I have been on an airplane at least once every month for the past year.
13. I sang on stage with Prince. I still have the tambourine he gave me.
14. I had the same dance teacher as Claire Danes. Ellen Robbins taught at Dance Theater Workshop in NYC.
15. I went to elementary school with Gaby Hoffmann, then directed her years later in my Hulu short, Paloma.
16. I’m pretty good at UFC 2 on PlayStation.
17. When I was nominated for a Golden Globe for Dexter, I was in Cuba. I didn’t get the message until I landed back in Miami.
18. I have a book on modern art that Robert De Niro gave me on the set of Silver Linings Playbook. His father was a painter, and my mother is as well. The card read, “Break Legs Belatedly.”
19. My first paycheck was for $100 from an Off-Broadway theater. I was 12.
20. I have extra pages in my passport because they all got filled.
21. Some of the best projects I’ve worked on — Dexter, the Bourne series — were leaps of faith. I couldn’t read the scripts in advance.
22. I heard that Ronda Rousey wants me to play her in a movie.
23. I know the movie Clue by heart.
24. It took me five years to graduate from college. I deferred the first semester to make The Bourne Identity.
25. I met my fiancé [camera assistant Preston J. Cook] filming in the Okanagan mountains of British Columbia.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!