Recipe: Cake Pops to Please Any Holiday Party Crowd
Looking for a decadent, crowd-pleasing dessert to serve at your next holiday bash? Try this recipe for devil's food chocolate-covered cake pops with an added twist: A little kick of Kahlua!
1 box devil's food cake mix with required add-ins
1 cup ready-made dark chocolate frosting
1/2 cup KAHLÚA
6 ounces ready-made chocolate disks for melting
Candy lollipop sticks
OPTIONAL: 2 ounces ready-made white chocolate disks for melting
1. Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package. Remove cake from oven when finished and allow cake to cool for one hour.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl using hand or stand mixer. Add the Kahlúa and mix. Add the frosting and mix until combined. Mixture will be sticky. Refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Using a melon baller as a scooper, form 2-inch balls and place on wax paper.
4. Insert lollipop sticks into each ball. Freeze balls for one hour or until solid.
5. Remove pops from freezer. Melt chocolate disks on stove and then dip the pops one at a time into the melted chocolate. Arrange the pops onto the lined cookie sheet. Allow pops to set in refrigerator.
OPTIONAL: After pops have set, fill a pastry bag with melted white chocolate and drizzle over the pops for a pretty decoration.