Ryan Sweeting: 5 Things You Don't Know About Kaley Cuoco's New Fiance
Kaley Cuoco is sweet on Ryan Sweeting! As the Big Bang Theory actress' rep exclusively confirmed to Us Weekly on Thursday, Sept. 26, Cuoco, 27, is engaged to marry the 26-year-old tennis pro after three months of dating.
So just who is this hunk who managed to steal the star's heart? Here, Us Weekly shares five things you might not know about Cuoco's handsome new fiance.
1. He was born in the Bahamas. Sweeting lived in the Bahamian capital, Nassau, until he was 12, when he moved to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to continue his tennis training. He became an official United States citizen in 2006.
2. He went to the University of Florida for eight months. Sweeting briefly played for the Florida Gators men's tennis team at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Fla., in 2006. However, he left the next year to turn pro.
3. He's been playing tennis for almost two decades. In a press conference after the Australian Open in 2011 -- where he competed against (and lost to) Rafael Nadal -- Sweeting told reporters he started in the sport when he was just 7 years old. He's now 26.
4. He's superstitious. At the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships in Houston, where he beat Japan's Kei Nishikori to win his first ATP World Tour singles title, Sweeting confessed to a few quirky routines. "I always shower in the same shower in the locker room when I win," he said in a press conference after the match. "Each tournament, each year, I go to the same locker. Things like that. Nothing too crazy, just little things."
5. He likes techno and trance. In July 2013, the tennis pro shared an Instagram photo of himself shirtless and wearing headphones. "Falling asleep with Avicii, Hardwell, Krewella, Carnage, and my man Armin Van Buuren," he captioned the pic, name-dropping several renowned house deejays.