Vanessa Minnillo learned a thing or two about wedding planning before she and Nick Lachey said "I do" earlier this month!
Saturday night, Lachey, 37, and Minnillo, 30, shared their wedding planning experience -- and allowed viewers to see their Necker Island nuptials -- in their TLC special Nick & Vanessa's Dream Wedding.
The Wipeout host -- who confirmed her engagement to Lachey in Nov. 2010 -- shared her top ten wedding planning tips on Twitter:
1. Try on different styles of dresses. Even if you know what you want, it may surprise you. Go for it all and be girly! Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
2. I love a little splash of color! I had a beautiful bouquet, BUT I didn't put my matron of honor in a fuchsia dress.
3. Listen to your groom and have elements of what he wants in the wedding. After all, it's both of your day. Nick had great suggestions.
4. A welcome bag with personalized goodies is always nice! We did beach towels with [our guests'] names embroidered and [included] all the beach essentials.
5. Make sure to take time before the wedding and spend it with your fiance. A night with a glass of wine, or a weekend away! Quality time.
6. To save money: Use the venue's place settings and glassware, but we brought in our personalized linens and chargers for a more custom feel.
7. If you can, have multiple photographers. We loved Yitzhak Dalal, and he brought two other [photographers] with him. There's always more than one angle you'll want!
8. Consider weather when planning an outdoor ceremony. The ONE thing I regret is we didn't have fans or air-conditioning at the ceremony.
9. Do something special for your fiance before the ceremony -- [give them] a gift, and/or a hand-written card. Let them know how you feel and that you love them!
10. HAVE FUN! Once it's the day of, try your hardest not to let ANYTHING get in the way. You'll regret it if you obsess about small stuff!
Tell Us: What do you think of Vanessa's wedding planning tips?