Recessionista: Rhythm Nation
Breaking news: Cotton bandleader jackets still rock!
I just saw this jacket at Ann Taylor Loft. It reminds me of a jacket by Alexander McQueen worn not only by Britney Spears but also by Jennifer Hudson. Both wore in two different settings. Britney was the ringmaster in a red version, and JHud sang the national anthem while wearing hers with a white T-shirt and leggings -- something that would we could safely recommend.
There is something so rugged, raw and sweet about this jacket -- for only $79.50 -- that I felt the need to share and care. The jacket -- which is available in navy and black in sizes 00 to 18! -- is super-comfy because it stretches.
I also like that you can wear this for a while because the military style has always been popular. It’s modern with the ruffle.
How to style? Maybe not as vaudevillian as circus performer Britney but something you’ll feel comfortable in. Pair with a longer shirt or a chiffon blouse and over jeans, black pants or leggings.
A military-style jacket with stylish, distressed tonal trim at collar, V-neckline, placket and hem.
- Two rows of faux buttons with insignia details
- Hidden hook-and-eye front closure
- Pleating below waist seam with attached tonal waist tie in back
- Sleeves can be worn long with wide cuffs and hidden button closure or three-quarter length with rolled cuffs and exposed button closure
- 19 1/4" center back length
Buy it here.