Jerry Springer, 66, (The Jerry Springer Show is in its 20th season) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with UsMagazine.com.
1. I was born in a London subway station that was serving as a bomb shelter during World War II.
2. I love the New York Yankees and named my boat Yogi Boat.
3. I hate communism, onions and cilantro.
4. As a kid, I wore a Superman outfit under my clothes to school.
5. I hosted a late-night talk show in Great Britain and South Africa.
6. I had an audience with Pope John Paul II.
7. I helped build a health clinic in Ethiopia during the drought of the '80s.
8. I'm a lawyer.
9. My family was exterminated in the concentration camps during WWII.
10. As Cincinnati's mayor in the '70s, I gave "Keys to the City" to stars like Bruce Springsteen to meet them.
11. I was a news anchor for 10 years.
12. I have a 500-pound pig, Bella.
13. I tape The Jerry Springer Show Mondays and Tuesdays in Connecticut, and Baggage on GSN every Wednesday through Sunday in L.A.
14. Our grandson is almost 2 -- and he still doesn't have a job.
15. I have wrestled a bear.
16. I've had more than 35,000 guests on my show. I'm sorry.
17. I'm addicted to oldies music and infomercials.
18. I came to America on the Queen Mary.
19. I testified in 1970 for a constitutional amendment to lower the voting age to 18.
20. I played Billy Flynn in Chicago on Broadway in 2009. No one confused me with Richard Gere.
21. I hosted the Miss Universe and the Miss World pageants.
22. I didn't go on a date until college.
23. I can recite all the U.S. presidents in order in less than a minute.
24. I fly more than 200,000 miles a year.
25. I can sort of play the saxophone.