So just who is Chris Hemsworth, the Aussie actor playing the title role in Thor? Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the 28-year-old actor, who appears in the action flick alongside Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins (in theaters May 6).
1. His little brother, Liam, dated Miley Cyrus. Chris' brother Liam, 21, dated Miley Cyrus, 18, on-and-off for a year and a half. The two met on the set of the 2010 film The Last Song. Chris' other brother, Luke, is also an actor.
2. He's married to an older woman. The 28-year-old star married Spanish actress Elsa Pataky, 34, in December 2010. The two met earlier that year, went public with their relationship in September and were married three months later.
3. He used to work in landscaping. In an interview with GQ Australia, Hemsworth revealed he worked as a "horticultural laborer" before he got into acting.
4. He says kissing Natalie Portman was "ridiculous." Playing the role of Thor, Hemsworth got to lock lips with Portman, 29, on-screen. "The whole experience was like, 'What the f**k am I doing here?' But in a good way," he gushed to GQ. "It literally seemed like last week I was still working on Home and Away." (Hemsworth starred on the Australian soap opera, Home and Away, from 2004 to 2007.)
5. He gained 20 pounds of muscle to play Thor. At Comic-Con in 2010, the actor said: "I put on a lot of weight… It was purely eating, eating, eating, working out and working out, trying to sleep as much as you can--that's the other third of the equation."