5 Things You Don't Know About the Olsen Twins' Sister, Elizabeth
Turns out the Olsen home is, indeed, a Full House of talent. The latest darling: 21-year-old Elizabeth, who hit the Sundance Film Festival this week with two new indie flicks -- the horror film, Silent House and the psychological thriller about a women who escapes a cult, Martha Marcy May Marlene. UsMagazine.com uncovers some need-to-know info about Ashley and Mary Kate's little sis.
1. She's studying psychology at NYU. The actress, who attends the Tisch School of the Arts, says her interest in the human mind is what attracted her to the paranoid title character in Martha Marcy May Marlene. "I find mental illnesses fascinating," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "In fact, right now I'm taking a class on Freud at New York University."
2. She's a modest dresser. Even though she goes nude in Martha Marcy May Marlene, Olsen doesn't like to flash flesh in real life. "Me as a person, I don't even wear things that show my midriff ever," she told the New York Times. "I’m a very covered-up human being."
3. She's acted alongside her famous sibs. Olsen, who has been doing theater and dance since she was a kid, had cameos in The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley series and their flick, How the West Was Fun. "They would be like, 'Hey Lizzie, you want to be on this one?' I would be like, 'Okay!,' and then they would put gum in my hair," she explained.
4. She's not afraid to suffer for her craft. While filming the thriller, Silent House over a five-week period, she wore herself out while trying to maintain the appropriate level of hysteria. "It was so exhausting," she told The L.A. Times. "I got bad migraines from crying too much, and sinus infections from all the snot."
5. She's already got music cred. A teenage Olsen appeared in the 2007 music video for "The Queen," by indie alternative rock band, Carlotta. Sample lyrics? "You stabbed me right in the heart/You planned it right from the start."