So just who is Lucy Hale, the doe-eyed beauty who burst onto the tween scene via the ABC Family breakout hit Pretty Little Liars? Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the actress.
1. She got her start on reality TV. In 2003, Hale appeared as a contestant on the short-lived FOX singing competition American Juniors. Though she didn't win the title, Hale stayed in Hollywood, scoring small guest spots on shows including How I Met Your Mother and Wizards of Waverly Place.
2. She has a crush on Spider-Man. "I like me some Andrew Garfield," the actress told E! News in June. "I can't even take it. Did you see the Spider-Man picture? He's perfect. He's so cute."
3. Her role in Scream 4 was supposed to be larger. "It was totally last minute. I got the call, and they were like, 'They totally want you to be a part of this movie,' and I was like, 'Absolutely. I will do any part,'" Hale told Scream Trilogy in January. "I was actually originally supposed to do another part and would come back for Scream 5, but it didn’t work with the schedule. So I did a few scenes."
4. She gets nervous around boys. "I overanalyze things way too much, to the point where it affects my life," she told Seventeen in June. "Like, when I'm talking to a boy, I'll overanalyze a text message he sent. And I have to think to myself, 'Just chill out. Some guy sent me a text message. That's all. Don't read something into it that's not there. Just be glad he sent you a text message!'"
5. Hale has plans to record an album. After singing an Eva Cassidy song during Pretty Little Liars' first season, Hale told Teen Vogue she was seriously considering a music career. "I sing in the car, at home -- it's a huge part of my life, especially since I'm from Tennessee," she explained in January. "When I'm ready for it, I'm going to dive into it 100 percent."