5 Things You Don't Know About Teen Wolf's Colton Haynes
So just who is Colton Haynes, the hunky actor who exchanged numbers with Lauren Conrad at the HTC phone launch July 20? Us Weekly uncovers some need-to-know info about the 23-year-old actor, who plays Jackson Whittemore on the MTV series Teen Wolf (Mondays at 10 p.m. EST).
1. He began his career as a model. At the age of 15, Haynes moved from Kansas to New York City to pursue a career in front of the camera. First shot by famed photographer Bruce Weber for Abercrombie & Fitch, Haynes later appeared in ad campaigns for Kira Plastinina, J.C. Penney and Ralph Lauren.
2. He could have been Bella Swan's love interest. Long before Robert Pattinson won the coveted role of Edward Cullen in Twilight, Haynes auditioned for the very same part. Years later, Haynes poked fun at the multimillion-dollar franchise, saying that it "was all about the love triangle and the glistening skin."
3. He's known Lauren Conrad since The Hills. As a young model, Haynes auditioned for a Teen Vogue photo shoot during season 2 of the MTV reality show (Conrad and costar Whitney Port helped cast the models). Haynes appeared on The Hills once again during season 3 when he was cast in a photo shoot featuring Whitney Port's younger sister, Jade.
4. He's a nomad. Though he was born in Kanas, Haynes and his family relocated to several states throughout his childhood, including Arkansas, New Mexico, Florida and Texas. As a high school student in Texas, Haynes was nominated for prom king and voted "Most Likely to Be Famous."
5. He doesn't take his success for granted. "I was born with an extremely negative attitude. I was the kid who wouldn't smile in Christmas photos, was a poor sport, and hated a lot of things. I eventually grew out of my negativity when I matured," he said in November 2010. "I have to be optimistic now because when I let negativity enter my life I get so depressed, and it's a downward spiral from there. You have to find the things that you are happy about and focus on that."