Dr. Sanjay Gupta, 42, (Sanjay Gupta, M.D. airs on CNN weekends at 7:30 a.m.) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with Us Weekly.
1. I love practical jokes.
2. I gave my wife nine stitches after a cooking accident.
3. Oatmeal + brown sugar + blueberries = my personal breakfast of champions!
4. I have walked on every continent.
5. I speak Hindi.
6. I was accepted to medical school at age 16.
7. I take doodling seriously.
8. I meditate every day.
9. My mom was the first female engineer to work for Ford.
10. I have three adorable little girls. I'm learning Navy SEAL Team Six tactics for when they're old enough to date.
11. I was hit by a car while riding a bike at age 19.
12. I did my first triathlon at 40.
13. I swam in the Hudson River.
14. Eight months before the race, I learned how to swim using YouTube videos.
15. I had to use a carpenter's drill to operate on a young Marine with a gunshot wound to his head in Iraq. He is doing very well.
16. I just finished writing my first novel, Monday Mornings. It took nearly 10 years. I'm not fast.
17. My wife and I consider our dog, Bosco, our fourth child. Weimaraners rule!
18. When I talk on the phone in my office, I often do chin-ups.
19. I once performed a 40-hour operation. I took one bathroom break.
20. My favorite TV show is Dexter.
21. I worked as a White House Fellow from 1997 to 1998.
22. I was only allowed to watch one hour of TV a week when I was a kid.
23. Before starting my job at CNN, I had never been on TV.
24. Now I split my life between medicine and media.
25. I let my daughters pick what I cook for breakfast on Saturdays.