Bill Paxton, 57 (he stars as Randall McCoy in Hatfields and McCoys, airing on History) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with Us Weekly.
1. I have been down to the wreck of the Titanic four times.
2. I don't like asparagus.
3. While growing up in Texas, I drove a Yamaha 750 motorcycle.
4. Buster Keaton is my all-time favorite actor and director.
5. I enjoy drawing postcards for my friends and family.
6. I was an altar boy and attended Catholic school until eighth grade.
7. My father, John, became an actor at 70. He played a butler in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films.
8. The first term paper I ever wrote, in sixth grade, was on bullfighting.
9. I was denied admission to film school because of bad SAT scores.
10. I don't play golf, but love hunting golf balls.
11. My father was a great art collector.
12. I have directed two movies: Frailty and The Greatest Game Ever Played.
13. I love reading true-crime stories.
14. My great-great-grandfather Elisha F. Paxton was a brigadier general for the Confederacy. He led the Stonewall Brigade.
15. I've never bought a lottery ticket.
16. I like watching Forensic Files with my daughter, Lydia [14, with wife Louise Newbury].
17. My favorite number is 17.
18. I'm addicted to Turner Classic Movies.
19. I love Italian food.
20. I didn't have a credit card until age 31.
21. I have made three parachute jumps.
22. Woody Allen's Play It Again, Sam, and Hal Ashby's Harold and Maude made me want to go to Hollywood.
23. I have no middle name.
24. I acted with my son, James [now 18] in Spy Kids 3-D.
25. I was a parking attendant at the Beverly Hills Hotel.