Kevin Hart may be the king of comedy these days, but during one of his first shows ever, he completely ripped his pants — and didn’t even know it! Read on to find out more facts about the 37-year-old actor in this exclusive list of 25 things you don’t know about him. And catch Hart in his new concert film, Kevin Hart: What Now?, in theaters now!
1. My favorite childhood memory was when I was tall enough to get on roller coasters.
2. My dream costar would be Denzel Washington. If I ever do decide to go into a serious role, you need somebody to help bring that strong validation, and who better than him?
3. I idolize my mother [Nancy Hart], rest in peace. The best advice my mom gave me was that we don’t do things not to finish them.
4. In my downtime, I’m a hell of a poker player. I have poker night sometimes, but I work too much to stay true to it.
5. My best quality is my personality. I have the ability to make anybody feel comfortable. The energy that I put out, I get back.
6. I could watch Tropic Thunder over and over. It’s the funniest movie ever.
7. A guy got a tattoo of my face on his lower back. That was weird. I was like, “I don’t know what you did that for, sir. I don’t know why it’s there. I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do after seeing that. I guess thank you.”
8. My favorite book is Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck. I read it a long time ago. I like that and a book called Monsters, by Walter Dean Myers.
9. If I could meet anyone, I would choose Robin Williams. I would simply say, “You were loved. Your stamp on comedy is something that definitely wasn’t overlooked.”
10. When I first started performing in theaters, I was performing in Washington, D.C. I had on some cool nylon sweatpants. I was telling a joke, jumped in the air, landed and ripped my pants in the front. But I didn’t know. So the girl in the front row wrote a note and slid it on stage. It said something like, “Kevin, your whole area is out right now.”
11. My biggest phobia is reptiles. Dogs are fine; reptiles get up under my skin. Snakes, lizards, things of that nature. I can’t do it.
12. My worst physical qualities are my two big toenails. They look like burned sunflower seeds.
13. My kids [Heaven, 11, and Hendrix, 8] definitely think I tell dad jokes. You don’t realize you tell dad jokes until your kids go, “Dad, stop telling dad jokes.”
14. My favorite thing about being a dad of my kids is doing things that you didn’t do as a kid with your kids. We have Taco Tuesday Night.
15. In 2015, 53,000 people came to see me perform at a football stadium in Philadelphia. That was one of the most amazing days of my life. I felt like I had to do that day its service, so I turned the stand-up concert into this movie [Kevin Hart: What Now?].
16. My biggest regret is not giving the full 110 percent that I should have given in school.
17. I can play the spoons. I just grab spoons and clink them together.
18. It’s very hard to have a celebrity crush because my wife [model Eniko Parrish, 32] is so amazing.
19. The best thing about my wife is her ability to make me better.
20. I always wish that I had starred in Goodfellas. Joe Pesci’s character, Tommy, is a dream role.
21. If I weren’t an actor, I’d probably be a hand model.
22. My favorite sport to watch and play is basketball. My favorite team is the Philadelphia 76ers, but don’t tell anybody I said that.
23. I love black jeans and a nice T-shirt. I have maybe 30 pairs of black jeans.
24. My go-to joke is, “If I was taller, would I have a chance?” (I’m 5-foot-5.)
25. I listen to “Sorry,” by Justin Bieber, on repeat. I am 100 percent a Belieber.
Can't get enough of Us? Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter packed with the latest celeb news, hot pics and more!