Duck Dynasty star Korie Robertson, whose book on raising children, Strong and Kind, is out now, shared 25 fun facts about herself with Us Weekly.
1. My parents thought about naming me Shy. It was the '70s.
2. I was shy as a child.
3. My camp director started the Korie Fan Club when I was 7 because I was so quiet.
4. There were two members.
5. In elementary school, I’d get dressed the night before and sleep in my clothes. I wanted extra sleep!
6. For my entire fourth-grade year, I only wore sweatsuits.
7. I wanted to be a stockbroker when I grew up because I loved the '80s power suits I saw in a movie.
8. I taught arts and crafts at a summer camp for 15 years.
9. I also taught swimming lessons for 10 years.
10. I was in the Kenny Rogers fan club when I was a kid.
11. I had a childhood crush on Kris Kristofferson.
12. Apparently, I have a thing for men with beards.
13. I was only 15 years old when I got my license.
14. I had three wrecks my first year of driving.
15. I met [my husband] Willie when we were in the third grade.
16. We got married when I was 18 years old.
17. We spent a college semester in Italy and traveled across Europe.
18. I’m not very athletic, but I’m also 5-foot-11, so I played basketball and softball in high school.
19. I became an art-education major at Harding University in Arkansas.
20. Addition stresses me out. I hate to keep score when we play Scrabble.
21. I love to both snow ski and water ski.
22. I’m also really good at Ping-Pong and Galaga.
23. I painted limited-edition duck calls to make money when our kids [John Luke, 20, Sadie, 18, Willie Jr., 14, and Bella, 13] were little.
24. I once spilled beer on the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States — moments before the State of the Union address.
25. I can’t dance, but it doesn’t stop me from trying.
Want stories like these delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter!