Official Rules for the Us Weekly 1 Million Twitter Followers Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories and possessions ages 18 and older as of the promotion start date.
SPONSOR: Us Weekly LLC ("Us Weekly")
How to Enter:
1. To enter the Us Weekly 1 Million Twitter Followers Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), review these Rules and follow @usweekly on Twitter (twitter.com/usweekly) and tweet at @usweekly by sending a reply to @usweekly with the hashtag #UsWeekly1million. The promotion start date is May 1, 2013. Entries must be received no later than May 7, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Time (ET). Limit one entry per person and per Twitter account. Multiple entries will not be accepted. If responding by reply to @usweekly and you win, then you will be asked to "Follow" Us Weekly so that you can send a DM to Us Weekly with your contact information. Subsequently, you may "Unfollow" Us Weekly at any time. If you do not have a Twitter account, you may visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Twitter account. Us Weekly is not responsible for late or misdirected entries or transmission errors.
2. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete, or misidentified. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
3. Us Weekly LLC ("Sponsor") and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
1. From all eligible submissions, ten (10) entries will be selected at random on or about May 8, 2013 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
2. Winners will be notified via a general Tweet announcement by usweekly. Each winner must then allow usweekly to "follow" winner on Twitter so that Sponsor can contact winner via a Direct Message. If winner does not allow usweekly to follow him or her or enable the functionality to receive a Direct Message, then Sponsor will select another winner. After one week with no response from winner, Sponsor is also at liberty to select a new winner. Winner must provide Sponsor with full contact details in order to be awarded the prize. Subsequently, winner may "unfollow" usweekly at any time. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
1. Each winning entrant shall receive a one year, 52-issue print subscription to Us Weekly magazine, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $69.95. Total ARV of all Prizes: $699.50.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories and possessions, ages 18 and older as of the promotion start date. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
1. No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
2. All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
3. Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release ("Affidavit") and if so, the Affidavit must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winners will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
4. By accepting a prize, winner(s) grant to Sponsor the right to use his/her name(s), likeness(es), hometown(s) and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5. By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
6. In addition to these Official Rules, you agree to be bound by all Twitter policies, which are incorporated as part of these Official Rules.
7. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the person to whom the Twitter account is registered. You may not create multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes. You may not post the
8. Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at address listed below by May 31, 2013.
Us Weekly LLC, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104.