The key to shedding pregnancy pounds is setting goals, star trainer Ramona Braganza — who whipped Jessica Alba into shape after she gave birth to Honor — tells UsMagazine.com.
Alba "trained six days a week and used a heart-rate monitor that included calorie counting. One of our goals was to see if we could burn 500 calories in a workout," says Braganza of the actress, 28, who was voted "Best Post-Baby Body" in UsMagazine.com and Gold's Gym's first-ever Hollywood's Hottest Bodies Awards.
But you have to start slow. Alba hit the gym just two weeks after giving birth (a doctor okayed it) with 20-minute workouts for the first few weeks, which she gradually increased to an hour after two to three months, Braganza says.
Braganza created a circuit-training program for Alba "to keep [the workout] from getting boring," she tells Us. Below, a few of her moves, which she recommends doing back-to-back to keep your heart rate up:
1. 10-Minute Cardio Blast: Walk at a 2.0 incline on a treadmill for a minute or two to warm up, then add a light jog.
2. Single-Leg Lunge: While holding a 10 to 12-pound weight in each hand, put one foot on a workout bench behind you while keeping the other on the floor and lunge down. Repeat 10 to 12 reps. Switch to other leg and repeat.
3. Chest Press: Lie faceup on a bench. Holding a 10 to 12-pound weight in each hand, extend arms upwards and toward each other. Do 10 to 12 reps.
4. Tricep-dip: Stand in front of a workout bench, and place hands on bench with your legs straight out in front of you. Lower your body into a dip, supporting your body weight with your upper arms, then straighten arms to rise back up. Repeat 10 to 12 times.
5. Core work: Rest your back on an exercise ball and do 30 crunches.
Repeat the entire circuit three times. Do these series of movements three times per week.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!