Roasted Chicken With Sugar Snap Peas
Makes 1 serving
Calories per serving: 500
“This recipe is great because it’s easy and quick with the use of a single pan and makes the clean-up process less strenuous,” chef Thomas Chen of NYC’s Tuome tells Us Weekly. “When you cook the chicken and saute the vegetables in the same pan, you retain the flavors and the chicken stays nice and juicy. I also like to change out the veg depending on the season.”
• 1 chicken breast, skin on, deboned
• 1 slice ginger
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup sugar snap peas
• Fine salt
1. Remove the stem end and string each sugar snap pea.
2. Rub chicken with the slice of ginger, then lightly season the chicken breast with salt.
3. Sous vide the chicken breast with the slice of ginger. Cook in the circulator at 62 degrees Celcius for 30 min.
4. Remove chicken from the sous vide bag.
5. Heat up a frying pan over high heat. Pat the breast dry. Add 1 tbsp oil to the hot pan, and sear the breast skin side down until golden brown.
6. Using the same frying pan as the chicken, add the rest of the olive oil to the pan.
7. When hot, add the peas and char both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Season with salt to taste.See Full Gallery