Second little prince or princess on the way? Congratulations, Mama! Having a second baby is beyond exciting but the reality is, bringing home another bundle of joy is a whole new world.
Here are just a few ways to help get your body, mind, home and family ready for baby No. 2:
1. You won’t be able to re-use everything from your first pregnancy. A new gift registry for the second baby will help you get organized and make sure you’re not forgetting anything.
2. Your hands will be full, literally and figuratively. With more than one child, being hands-free is key when toting all of the essentials. Look for a crossbody diaper bag or, better yet, a backpack diaper bag to make life easier.
3. Expect new stretch marks as you begin part two of your motherhood journey. Make Bio-Oil®Skincare Oil the star of your postpartum self-care kit. As the world’s No. 1 scar and stretch mark treatment for all skin types, its unique combination of plant extracts and vitamins promotes healthy, radiant skin. Love your marks, you’ve earned them. To make Bio-Oil® Skincare Oil the star of your postpartum self-care kit, click here to find out where to buy!
4. Being on the go doesn’t have to be a royal pain. Even if your older child isn’t a baby or a toddler, consider buying a double stroller with multiple storage options for all the things two (or more) kids might need while out and about.
5. The kids are down for a nap and all you want is some “me time” to connect with friends and family on social media. Cut down on your Insta-time and try to catch up on sleep instead. In the end, snoozing beats scrolling every time.
6. While we’re on the subject of resting, pick up a white noise machine to help your newborn sleep while you tend to the older one. And vice versa. Pro tip: you might as well get one for yourself while you’re at it.
7. Nothing replaces talking about baby No. 2 but books are excellent visual aids to help your older child understand the life-changing concept of what it means to have a younger brother or sister. Ask your local bookstore for recommendations, based on your child’s age.
8. You’ve got this! Remind yourself that you’ve done this once before and, who knows, might even do it again. One thing is for sure: life is about to get two times more chaotic and messy, but, more than anything, incredible.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!