Hollywood Veteran Matthew Modine, currently starring in TNT’s medical drama Proof, shares 25 surprising facts about himself exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. My wife, Caridad [Rivera, 60] is the love of my life.
2. My son, Boman , recently directed me in a short film, Merry Xmas.
3. MTV’s Ridiculousness is one of my favorite shows.
4. I skateboard to Cafe Gratitude for breakfast.
5. I’ve always wanted to play the ukulele.
6. I recently drove cross-country with my daughter, Ruby , in a U-Haul.
7. I once jumped from a cliff to impress my girlfriend, who’s now my wife.
8. Years later, she talked me into parachuting out of a plane. I think she’s after the insurance money.
9. Win or lose, the New York Knicks are my team.
10. I love bodysurfing in Newport Beach, California.
11. I got married on Halloween.
12. I love apple pie.
13. My real-life hero is my Aunt Alice who, at 91, still does ballet and yoga every day.
14. I’ve donned a kilt and strutted the catwalk for Sir Sean Connery’s charity.
15. I do the New York Times crossword puzzle.
16. David Alan Grier is my children’s godfather.
17. I really want a motorcycle, but it’s not going to happen.
18. I’m a solid photographer, author, and painter.
19. I own an electric car.
20. I founded a not-for-profit, Bicycle for a Day.
21. I studied astronomy and oceanography in college.
22. I will campaign for Ms. Hillary Clinton.
23. My favorite challenge is drawing portraits without lifting a pen or looking.
24. I love long, long walks.
25. I like to swing on ropes like Tarzan. I do it daily.
Medical drama Proof premieres on TNT June 16 at 10 p.m.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!