Scottish tennis player Andy Murray — currently ranked No. 2 in the world in singles — shared 25 fun facts about himself exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. Sushi plays a huge part in my nutrition. It’s a great recovery food and something that’s easy for me to eat on the move.
2. I like anything with Will Ferrell in it; he’s one of my favorite actors. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is comedy gold!
3. I’ve met Will a couple of times and he’s just a naturally funny person when you’re with him.
4. I love Nobu. I’m a fan particularly of the tempura lobster and the black cod.
5. When I find myself with time for a holiday, I just like to spend it at home with my wife, daughter and my dogs. There really is no place like home!
6. To me, Muhammad Ali is the greatest athlete. He worked incredibly hard outside the ring in order to stay at the top of the sport, and that’s something I have always tried to replicate.
7. I have a pretty big collection of sports team jerseys that I’m quite proud of.
8. I try to sleep between seven and nine hours every night, but it doesn’t always quite work out like that, particularly now that I have my daughter [Sophia, 4 months].
9. You’ll never catch me eating mayonnaise.
10. I might occasionally have a glass of champagne on special occasions or during a bumpy flight, but generally I don’t really like the taste of alcohol.
11. My prematch routine is the same before every match. I will warm up on court for 30 minutes several hours before, then eat and hydrate (very important), talk tactics and relax as much as possible.
12. Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Sean Connery gate-crashed a press conference after one of my matches. It was an incredibly special moment!
13. After I won Wimbledon in 2013, my wife, Kim Murray, and I went to the Bahamas. We had our own private villa and pool, and the weather was perfect.
14. I’m not a huge fan of flying! I’m not sure why; I think it’s probably to do with not being in control.
15. I’m partial to a chocolate biscuit (or two).
16. I quite enjoy Toblerone. It’s usually the only chocolate bar they have in the minibar at a lot of hotels, and mine rarely survives the week!
17. If I’m playing outside and it’s really hot and I need to sneeze, then I look at the sun.
18. I only switched from a BlackBerry to an iPhone about 18 months ago.
19. My favorite and most used app by far is Fantasy Premiere League.
20. I had a few nicknames when I was younger — but they’re too embarrassing to share!
21. I played soccer to a pretty good level when I was at school. I even had trials for Glasgow Rangers.
22. I love playing snooker.
23. I have two dogs, Maggie and Rusty. I know that no matter what’s happened on the tennis court, whether I win or lose, when I get home they’ll always be waiting for me and will always treat me exactly the same.
24. I can cook, but not brilliantly. Kim is pretty good in the kitchen, so I often leave the specialty cooking to her — although when I am home I don’t mind a trip to the supermarket.
25. I lived in Spain for a few years when I was younger.