Brad Pitt has been cleared by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services after being investigated for alleged child abuse, Us Weekly can confirm. According to law enforcement sources, the World War Z actor did not abuse his son Maddox during an incident while aboard their private plane in September.
As previously reported by Us, the DCFS investigated the alleged incident and interviewed Pitt, Angelina Jolie and their six children.
According to TMZ, the DCFS also ruled out any reports of a repeated pattern of misconduct on Pitt’s part.
In response to the news, Jolie’s rep told Us: “The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal.”
The news comes after Us confirmed that Pitt plans on fighting for joint physical and legal custody of their children after Jolie’s rep told Us on Monday, November 7 that the exes had reached a custody agreement.
A source close to Pitt, however, stressed to Us that the agreement is by no means locked down. Pitt’s November 4 response to Jolie’s September 19 divorce filing, in which the actor filed paperwork seeking joint custody of their six children, “demonstrates that he’s going to fight for the kids,” the source said.
“His filing shows that he is going to stand firm on sharing custody of the kids,” the insider explained to Us. “It’s a clear sign that he’s going to fight for his right for the kids.”
While the DCFS have given the actor the all clear, Pitt continues to be investigated by the FBI for alleged assault over the incident. Us previously revealed Jolie sat for a 4-hour interview with FBI agents who questioned her over the matter at her Los Angeles home on October 18. The FBI investigators have also interviewed other witnesses and continue to gather information they will present to a prosecutor, who will then decide whether to bring charges agains the Fury star, an insider said, adding that the process could take months.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!