UPDATE 11/02 7:26 p.m. ET: The woman who is suing Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump for alleged sexual assault abruptly cancelled her first public press conference on Wednesday, November 2.
The woman, who is going by the pseudonym Jane Doe, claims the former Celebrity Apprentice star raped her in 1994 when she was 13 years old.
However, her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, announced to the assembled media in Woodland Hills, California on Wednesday that the press conference had been cancelled over safety concerns, reports New York Daily News.
"Jane Doe has received numerous threats today," Bloom said. "She is living in fear. She has decided she is too afraid to show her face."
Original story below:
Four months ago, a woman using the pseudonym Jane Doe sued Donald Trump in a New York district court for sexual assault, claiming she was just 13 years old in 1994 when the former Apprentice star and another man allegedly raped her. According to a press release from her legal team, the woman will be coming forward on Wednesday, November 2, to break her silence about the allegations.
Jane Doe is due to speak out at the office of her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, in Woodland Hills, California, at 3 p.m. PT.
In the civil lawsuit against the Republican presidential nominee, now 70, and billionaire and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, she claims the men raped her at a series of sex parties that Epstein threw in the summer of 1994. The woman alleges that she was “subject to acts of rape, sexual misconduct, criminal sexual acts, sexual abuse, forcible touching, assault, battery, intentional and reckless infliction of emotional distress, duress, false imprisonment and threats of death and/or serious bodily injury.”
The documents also present two women under the pseudonyms Tiffany Doe and Joan Doe. Tiffany Doe claims to be a former employee of Epstein who witnessed the alleged acts, while Joan Doe is a childhood classmate of Jane Doe who says the victim spoke to her about the alleged sexual abuse in 1994.
Trump has adamantly denied the accusations, calling them lies and fabrications. In June, the presidential candidate’s lawyers told The Huffington Post that the charges are “categorically untrue, completely fabricated and politically motivated.”
Jane Doe has attempted to file the same lawsuit multiple times this year. It was previously dismissed by a Los Angeles Federal Court in May.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!