DJ AM had six prescription pills in his stomach and one in his throat when he was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his apartment, an official tells the Associated Press.
The pills appear to be powerful painkiller OxyContin, according to the unnamed official.
A preliminary autopsy on the 36 year old (real name:Adam Goldstein) came up as inconclusive, according to the Medical Examiner's Office. Toxicology reports are still pending.
Goldstein was found face down on his bed inside his $2 million NYC apartment Sept. 28. A crack pipe and prescription pill bottles were also discovered near his shirtless body. There was no evidence of foul play.
Goldstein has openly discussed his battle with crack cocaine, Ecstasy, but said he was sober for 11 years. He was set to star in an Intervention-type MTV reality show called Gone Too Far this fall.
A memorial "in the format of a 12-step meeting" for Goldstein will be held at the Hollywood Palladium Thursday.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!