Seems like Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez have the X Factor Simon Cowell was looking for.
TMZ reported Tuesday that both Kardashian, 28, and Lopez, 38, will be co-hosts on the reality competition this season, with the official announcement expected later this week; a source confirms the deal to Us Weekly.
Kardashian and Lopez aren't the only new additions to the program: After season one's high-profile firings, Cowell brought in Britney Spears and Demi Lovato to fill the judges' seats left vacant by Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Last month, an X Factor source told Us Lamar Odom's love had impressed Cowell and other FOX network executives. "Simon liked her spunky personality!" the show source revealed.
Cowell confirmed reports that Kardashian was in the running during a recent chat with Ellen DeGeneres, explaining that co-host chemistry means more to him than hosting chops.
"We have screen tested a load of people. . .It could be a Kardashian," Cowell said. "I think that would work. I'm quite a fan of not putting [experienced] hosts on this show. Because I think it's going to give it a different dynamic. So we have to find people who have a great chemistry, but Khloe is definitely up there in running."
A rep for FOX had no comment.
Tell Us: Do you think Khloe and Mario are the right choices to co-host the show?
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!