Lena Dunham, whose show Girls returns to HBO on Sunday, February 21, at 10 p.m. EST, shares 25 interesting facts about herself with Us Weekly.
1. My mom had to have a C-section because I was standing straight up in the womb (a double footling breech)!
2. My favorite comedian is Gilda Radner. My favorite director is Elaine May. My favorite poet is Nikki Giovanni.
3. I was in an elevator with Cindy Crawford when I was 9. I was so excited, I started to cry.
4. I love to water-ski but am very bad at it.
5. I wanted to be a poet until I was about 21.
6. I’ve had more than 20 cavities.
7. My mother was close childhood friends with comedian Andy Kaufman, and my grandpa was his orthodontist.
8. My grandfather ran for sheriff of Southbury, Connecticut, on the Republican ticket. He lost.
9. I love horses and dogs, but my favorite animal ever is a rabbit. They make amazing pets and can use the litter box! I had one named Chester Hadley.
10. I also grew up with four hairless cats.
11. If something bad happens to me when I’m wearing a certain outfit, I have to give it away.
12. I talk to my dead relatives before I go to sleep. I find it soothing.
13. My father is the fifth Carroll Dunham. The first was a homeopath.
14. My oldest friend is Isabel Halley. She’s a ceramicist, and we met when she was 3 weeks old and I was 3 days old.
15. My boyfriend [Bleachers frontman Jack Antonoff] is the longest relationship I’ve ever been in — almost four years.
16. If [Girls showrunner] Jenni Konner doesn’t text me back, I get really worried she’s dead.
17. I made a living babysitting all through college and before Girls. I have some crazy stories, but I never lost anyone’s child. And I’m still friends with a lot of the kids I took care of.
18. I recently learned I’m allergic to artichokes.
19. I hate waking up before 10 a.m. It literally makes me nauseous.
20. I have no appendix, no wisdom teeth and no shame.
21. I’m not one for celebrity crushes, but Tom Hardy can get it.
22. My little sister, Grace, is my hero. She has the soul of an old freedom fighter and the face of an angel.
23. I love to eat baby food. A lot.
24. I dream of having my own animal sanctuary someday. Until then, I support HiCaliber horse rescue at hicaliber.org.
25. I will never stop singing Alanis Morissette at the top of my lungs.