Demi Lovato's Curly X Factor Updo: All the Details!
Pretty in punk!
On Thursday night's episode of X Factor, Demi Lovato rocked a denim jacket boasting some serious, studded hardware. To balance out her edgy outerwear, she turned to celeb hair pro Johnny Stuntz, who completed the new judge's look with a soft, flirty updo. (Stuntz also styled Lovato for the show's September premiere.)
Want to try out Lovato's hairstyle at home? Here's how!
Credit: Splash News
1. After shampooing and conditioning (Stuntz used Kerastase products), work a frizz-taming serum through hair and brush out
2. Blow dry, while spraying in a thickening spray (a la Bumble and Bumble's)
3. Once hair is dry, curl using a one-inch iron; once curling is complete, set using a flexible-hold hair spray
4. Work fingers through the hair to break up and loosen curls
5. Pull the hair back into a French Twist; pin into place
6. Instead of a headband, tie a scarf around the head; pull out pieces at the front for an unfussy finish