How to Copy Zooey Deschanel's New Girl Hairstyle
Zooey Deschanel has it pretty easy when it comes to her on-screen transformation for her role on FOX's New Girl.
The actress, 31, rocks the same tousled hairstyle as her character, Jess Day: glossy waves teamed with straight bangs.
Since the curly and straight hairstyle can be tricky to pull off, Us Weekly tapped the show's hair pro, Aaron Light, for tips on how to copy the star's signature 'do.
1. Start with clean dry hair. For fine hair, use a root lifter like Oribe Volumista Mist ($29, oribe.com) to build volume.
2. Separate the hair into four sections: one on each side, at the nape of neck and at the crown.
3. With a curling iron (a 1/2-inch or 1-inch barrel works best), take a 1-inch section of hair and wrap down the barrel, curling away from face. Repeat.
4. Use a light hair spray like Oribe Superfine Hairspray ($34, oribe.com) to set each curl.
5. Finish the look by using a wide tooth bone comb to lightly comb out curls, which creates that amazing naturally wavy look. For more volume, back comb the section at the crown. For a more polished look, work some Moroccanoil Oil Treatment into the ends.
One final spray all over and voila -- perfect Zooey curls!