Ashley Greene Adopts Two Puppies After Dog Died in Tragic Apartment Fire: Picture
Ashley Greene's got two more canine companions to add to her family! The Twilight star excitedly shared a snapshot of herself with two adorable white puppies on Thursday, June 27, just a little over three months after one of her two dogs died in a tragic apartment fire.
"Today felt like a great day to rescue a puppy … Or two!" she tweeted. "I couldn't take a brother without his sister!"
The 26-year-old actress adopted the puppies from the Spot Rescue animal shelter in Los Angeles; she later tweeted another photo of one of the new additions -- named Ralph -- affectionately noting that "Ralph's already made himself at home."
Back in late March, Greene was heartbroken when one of her toy fox terriers, Marlo, died in an accidental apartment fire in her West Hollywood condo. Her other pup, Theo, managed to survive the flames.
"She LOVES her dogs. LOVES," a source told Us Weekly at the time of the tragedy. "She must be absolutely devastated."
Greene was not home at the time of the incident, but she returned to her residence as soon as she was alerted by a neighbor, and TMZ reported that firefighters gave the actress the remains of her pet wrapped in a sheet.
The apartment appeared to have severe damage in photos that later surfaced. Firefighters on the scene later determined that a candle was responsible for starting the blaze that affected the seven-story apartment complex.