Charlie Sheen Hospitalized Because He Ate "Bad Clams," Rep Clarifies It Was "Nothing Too Exciting"

Charlie Sheen was hospitalized because of food poisoning Credit: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images

Charlie Sheen is not revisiting 2011, y’all. The Two and a Half Men alum was hospitalized on Monday, June 8, simply because he had a very bad case of food poisoning, his publicist, Jeffrey Ballard, confirms to Us Weekly.

"It was clams, bad clams," Ballard tells Us. "Nothing too exciting."

Denise Richards’ ex-husband, who had a public meltdown back in 2011, had a seafood dinner delivered to his house and after becoming ill, he went to the hospital “just to be on the safe side,” Ballard explained. 

“They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way,” Sheen’s publicist told Us. “He was back home in bed 90 minutes later.”

During an interview with Extra last month the troubled star admitted he does have regrets about lashing out at Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre in 2011, which ultimately led to Lorre replacing him with Ashton Kutcher.

“Yeah, I should have been a little more humble, more regretful, shouldn’t have attacked them like I did and I probably should have begged for my job back,” the Anger Management star admitted. “Beg is a color I don’t wear well, I probably should have requested my job back…I think that what went down was fixable and I made it irreparable.”