Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova's 5 Craziest Quotes
Far away from the shores of Malibu, Ukrainian model and Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova is fascinating some and horrifying others with her extreme physical transformation and arguably appalling comments. She stepped into the public eye in a series of YouTube videos in 2012, claiming that the only surgery she's ever done is to augment her breast size.
The blonde-haired, excessively wide-eyed 28-year-old has opinions on everything from the "unnecessary" act of procreating to alien life. Here are her five most bizarre quotes:
1. "The very idea of having children brings out this deep revulsion in me," she told GQ in April 2014. "What would you keep the children for? So they can get you a glass of water when you're on your deathbed?"
2. "I’m a teacher at the School of Out-of-Body Travel," she revealed to V Magazine in 2012. "It’s an international school in which our instructors show students how to leave their physical body and travel in their spiritual body, where you can visit any place on the planet and in the universe. I know that this is the future of mankind and that it has huge potential. Hidden reserves will be tapped soon."
3. "My communication with aliens is not verbal -- we speak the language of light," she told The Daily Beast in August 2013. "I have learned a lot from my contact with them. Now I know that my spirit is very old. And also that humans are the least sophisticated civilization -- we’re on the lowest level of evolution."
4. "Ethnicities are mixing now, so there's degeneration, and it didn't used to be like that," she told GQ in April 2014 of modern beauty. "Remember how many beautiful women there were in the 1950s and 1960s, without any surgery? And now, thanks to degeneration, we have this."
5. "I also think somebody is behind all the bad comments about me, as the negative wave [in my comments] began as soon as my spiritual seminars first became popular," she told The Daily Beast of her negative backlash. "Overnight, all the websites started screaming about the real-life Barbie, a dumb blonde girl. I am sure it was some sort of contract order aimed at ruining my reputation."