Jon Cryer, the Emmy-winning actor and director, 47, gets personal with Us. You can catch him on Two and a Half Men on CBS Thursdays at 8:30 P.M.
1. My middle name is Niven, derived from my grandmother's maiden name.
2. I'm an avid -- though constantly injured -- ultimate Frisbee player.
3. I have two rescue dogs.
4. I did not name my son, Charlie, after Charlie Sheen.
5. I graduated Bronx High School of Science with noted director Boaz Yakin, a year before noted director Jon Favreau.
6. I've never appeared in a Yakin or Favreau film.
7. I played Lex Luthor's nephew, Lenny Luthor in Superman IV.
8. I've competed in several triathlons.
9. I collect Russian space memorabilia.
10. I speak fluent Cantonese. (This one is not true at all.)
11. I got beat up by a girl named Vanessa in fifth grade.
12. I'm co-producing Ann, a Broadway show staring my TV mom Holland Taylor, about the former Texas governor.
13. After I used the term scary-skinny in a 1998 TV interview, it became a popular way to describe disturbingly thin starlets.
14. I studied film directing at the University of Southern California.
15. I won an Emmy for a Two and a Half Men show I directed.
16. I'm a Marvel comics geek.
17. I'm not on Facebook.
18. But I am on Twitter, @mrjoncryer.
19. I'm neither Jewish nor Republican, no matter what my Wikipedia entry says.
20. My first film was Robert Altman's O.C. and Stiggs.
21. I'm a huge New York Giants fan.
22. My first job on Broadway was as Matthew Broderick's understudy in Brighton Beach Memoirs.
23. My second Broadway job was replacing Matthew in Torch Song Trilogy.
24. I got offered my third Broadway job replacing Matthew in Biloxi Blues.
25. I've never actually worked with Matthew Broderick.