Kanye West at Cannes Lions Creativity Conference: His 5 Most Outrageous Quotes
Now that the honeymoon is over, Kanye West is back to his usual signature antics. The Yeezus rapper took the stage at the Cannes Lions Creativity Conference on June 17 to talk about his wedding to Kim Kardashian, technology, and—what else?—being a genius.
Mother-in-law Kris Jenner attended the conference, too, Instagramming a picture of her daughter’s new husband from the audience.
“#winning #kanyewest @stevestoute @bhorowitz0 #cannes #canneslions,” she captioned the photo.
West talked about his mega European wedding week during the conference, in addition to some other seemingly off-topic subjects. Here are five of his most outrageous quotes:
Credit: Courtesy Kim Kardashian
1. “We worked on our wedding photo for four days until it was good enough for Instagram.”
2. “I’ve been brought up in this way—I think I can't work with anyone that isn't number one: Jay Z, Kim, Obama, Apple is one, Samsung isn’t.”
3. "Trends come and go, but cool is forever.”
4. "If people are saying you're wrong, it's probably a good sign that you're a genius.”
5. "Bad taste is vulgar. The world as a whole is f--king ugly. And the Internet too. But I'm not in the construction business.”
Bonus Quote: “Rome wasn't built in a day; the Internet is our new Rome. Empower the best content creators or f--k you!" Click here to see more of his outrageous quotes.