Paul Walker Autopsy Information "Placed on Security Hold," Coroner's Office Says
Those looking for answers about the crash that ended Paul Walker's life so abruptly on Saturday, Nov. 30, may have to wait a while. Though TMZ reports that the L.A. County Coroner's Office has completed the late actor's autopsy, a spokesperson tells Us Weekly that the information has been put on lockdown.
The case has "been placed on security hold," Lieutenant Fred Corral tells Us. "No information is to be released on either decedent at this time."
As previously reported, Walker and his friend Roger Rodas were killed on Saturday afternoon when their Porsche Carrera GT slammed into a pole and was engulfed in flames. An investigation into what caused the fatal accident is ongoing, but officials are reportedly focused on speed as a possible factor.
Investigators "have received eyewitness statements that the car involved was traveling alone at a high rate of speed," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department told the Associated Press in a statement on Dec. 2. "No eyewitness has contacted [the department] to say there was a second vehicle."
Walker, 40, leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter, Meadow. In the wake of his death, his family has asked that donations be made to his charity, Reach Out Worldwide, which he was supporting at a fundraising event on the day he died.