Dierks Bentley: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Now, you can hear Dierks Bentley on his just-released new album, Riser. Here, the 38-year-old country crooner and proud dad tells Us Weekly 25 things you don't know about him.
1. My first gig paid $25 a night. My bar tab was at least double.
2. I'm a dad of three [girls Evie, 5, and Jordan, 3, and son Knox, 5 months). It's like having 1,000 kids.
3. I have chronic insomnia.
4. I spiked my hair like Billy Idol in sixth grade.
5. My tour bus has 1,036,056 miles on it.
6. I drive a 1994 Chevy truck. It has 206,351 miles on it.
7. The boat Kenny Chesney gifted me at the end of our 2006 tour has 13.5 hours on it. Kids!
8. My wife, Cassidy, is running the 2014 Boston Marathon. So proud.
9. I'm an instrument-rated pilot.
10. I'm also a great backseat driver.
11. I can play "Cripple Creek" on the banjo. Veeeery sloooowly.
12. My favorite view is of an Arizona sunset.
13. My first concert was supposed to be U2 in 1987, but my sister didn't take me.
14. My first concert was Bon Jovi and Skid Row.
15. One of my daughters is losing her first tooth. I'm tempted to use superglue to keep it in. Growing up too fast!
16. My dog, Jake, is an Indian Spitz mix. He's 13 years old.
17. I belong to an ice hockey beer league.
18. I'm learning to play hockey vicariously through Evie's lessons.
19. Ditto Jordan's fiddle lessons.
20. I can do "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" on the fiddle -- just take my word for it.
21. I'm the happiest when I'm spending time with my family or performing.
22. Bluegrass musician Del McCoury is my friend.
23. The late George Jones was my friend.
24. I know all the words to Hank Williams' songs.
25. I also know all the words to the songs on the Frozen soundtrack.