At the 2014 Grammys, John Legend charmed us all with his performance of "All of Me," which he's sure to do again when his new tour kicks off March 20. Here, the 35-year-old Grammy winning singer and songwriter bares his soul to Us Weekly, revealing 25 things you may not have known about him.
1. I dream all the time that I can fly.
2. I'm from Springfield, Ohio.
3. My parents are both tailors.
4. As a kid, I wanted to be a musician, but also aspired to be Andy Griffith's lawyer character, Ben Matlock.
5. My wife, Chrissy Teigen, is the expert cook, but I make a soulful mac 'n' cheese.
6. I was a wedding singer as a teenager.
7. I'm a big college-football fan. I've delayed my stage time to see the end of a close Ohio State game!
8. In related news, my top tour-bus pastime is playing Madden 25.
9. I took my first piano lesson at age 4.
10. I have an English bulldog named Puddy and a French one called Pippa.
11. I was homeschooled for several years.
12. I met Michael Jackson on a trip to Bahrain.
13. I majored in English.
14. My first paid acting gig was as one of Kyra Sedgwick's lovers in 2005's Loverboy.
15. I'm "Uncle Johnny" to my eight nieces and nephews.
16. I took my first plane ride at age 16.
17. I mostly read nonfiction.
18. Chrissy and I married exactly seven years after we met.
19. I once won a spelling bee.
20. I want to visit India and Eastern Europe someday.
21. I was my high school's student-body president and prom king. Chrissy laughs when I bring this up!
22. I played piano on Lauryn Hill's "Everything Is Everything."
23. My favorite music to set the mood is by Marvin Gaye. Hopefully your favorite is by yours truly?
24. Before every show, I eat half a rotisserie chicken.
25. I have red wine backstage, but I almost never drink it because it's not great for my voice. When I'm off tour, I try to make up for lost time!