Duck Dynasty Stars Willie and Korie "Ready to Move On" After Phil Robertson Suspension Controversy
The show must go on. Willie and Korie Robertson revealed during a New Year's Eve interview that they are ready to continue filming Duck Dynasty amid the show's recent controversy. Last month, Phil Robertson -- the patriarch of the family -- was suspended and quickly asked back to the program following his controversial interview with GQ, where he made homophobic and racially-charged remarks in its January 2014 issue.
"We're just glad to be back to work," Willie said to Bill Hemmer and Elisabeth Hasselback during an "All-American New Year" special on FOX Tuesday night. "A&E and us are fine. We're looking forward to getting back to making some funny shows. It's a new year, so we're ready to break in a new year and start all over again."
He added: "We're ready to get started. We got a new season coming up in a couple weeks, and we're really excited about that. We got a couple episode filmed … and we're ready to move on. I think we all learned a lot, and we're just ready to move on, and the family's happy and ready to go."
"I'm just glad the family is all together," Willie's wife Kori told FOX. "The best thing about the show is we get to do it together as a family, and that fact that we get to continue to do that, we're all happy, happy, happy."
She continued: "At the end of day, we sit down and thank God for our blessings ,and we're gonna continue to do that and hopefully we can spread that message. And I think, as a country, if we can come back to that a little bit, we'll have a great 2014."
Duck Dynasty is set to return on Jan. 15.