Emma Thompson's Award Season Antics: 8 Times She's Stolen the Show
Many recognize her as the batty Professor Trelawney from the Harry Potter films or the heartsick mother from Love Actually, but in 2014 Emma Thompson is making a new name for herself -- awards show favorite!
From her booze-filled presenter's duties to her BFF status with Meryl Streep, here's 8 ways Emma Thompson has ruled the awards season circuit in 2014:
Credit: Paul Drinkwater/NBCUniversal via Getty Images
1. Her Golden Globes presenter's duties: Thompson took the stage to present the award for Best Screenplay with her Christian Louboutin heels in one hand and a martini in the other. "I just want you to know, this red," she said indicating the bottom of her heels, "is my blood!" And when it came time to open the envelope revealing the winner, she tossed her painful stilettos behind her.
Credit: Reuters/ Lucy NIcholson/ Landov
2. Her Lupita Nyong'o photobomb: Forget J Law's photobombing of Taylor Swift at the Golden Globes! Emma Thompson found the red carpet's most buzzed-about fashionista -- 12 Years a Slave star Lupita Nyong'o -- and popped out from behind her for the most epic of awards season pictures.
Credit: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
3. She channelled her inner Regina George: While a photographer tried to capture a moment between Thompson, Meryl Streep, and Thompson's daughter Gaia Romilly Wise, the Saving Mr. Banks star gave her best "You can't sit with us" expression.
Credit: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
4. She rocked flats on the red carpet: After her painful heels from the Golden Globes, Thompson hit the red carpet at the SAG Awards rocking flats and loving it. She showed off the sparkly shoes in a series of hilarious poses.
Credit: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
5. Her onstage dancing: When it came time for her to present at the SAG Awards, she danced on stage with Ewan McGregor, asking, "Is this music available on CD at all?"
6. She asked for a refill at the best time: While Robert DeNiro announced the nominees for Best Actress at the SAG Awards, Thompson was busy sipping out of a blue Solo cup when her name was called, and comically asked for a refill.
Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage; Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
7. She cuddled with Bryan Cranston and Jeremy Renner: Though her daughter has been her date for the latest award shows, Thompson has had no trouble finding arm candy. First she cozied up to Jeremy Renner at the Critics Choice Awards and then she snuggled up to Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston, who admitted in his acceptance speech that the British star intimidated him.
Credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage
8. She's besties with Meryl: The new Tina Fey and Amy Poehler? Thompson and Streep's BFF status is off the charts this season. Next year, we'd like to see them host the Golden Globes!
Sadly, Emma Thompson was not nominated for an Oscar this year, so it's unclear as to whether or not she'll attend the March 2nd show. But hopefully she'll grace us with her presence and a few more noteworthy moments.