Juan Pablo Galavis Is the New Bachelor for Season 18
Desiree Hartsock may not have fallen in love with him, but the rest of America did. As revealed on Monday, Aug. 5, during the "After the Final Rose" special following the dramatic Bachelorette finale, rejection turned out to not be such a bad thing for one of Des' spurned suitors. (Major spoilers ahead!)
After going home in episode six of this season, Juan Pablo Galavis is getting a second chance at love as the next Bachelor. Beginning in January 2014, he'll be handing out roses (or not!) to 25 eligible bachelorettes.
"It was hard to make the decision. It's a great responsibility, because I'm going to find, hopefully, the person who's going to be with me and my daughter," Juan Pablo said after Chris Harrison made the big announcement.
The 32-year-old former soccer stud -- who has a 4-year-old daughter, Camila, from a previous relationship -- earned an early following this season thanks to his sexy accent, easy charm, and doting dad act. (Des has said his exit resulted in the most "hate mail" from viewers.)
"In the history of this show, no guy has made a greater impact with less screen time than our soccer-playing single dad," Harrison said of the Bachelor-to-be during the "Men Tell All" special earlier this season, where audience members showed their love for him with homemade "Juan Pablo" T-shirts. "He's the fan favorite we barely got to know!"
Viewers will certainly get to know him more next season, when he begins anew his search for love. "Right now, I am almost 32 years old. I really want a family," he shared on "Men Tell All," adding that he would like to "settle down and have a wife and two more kids."
Tell Us: Do you think Juan Pablo is a good choice for The Bachelor?