Private Practice Star Taye Diggs: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Taye Diggs (the Private Practice season finale airs on ABC Tuesday at 10 p.m.), shares the 25 things you don't know about him with Us Weekly.
1. I love scaring people.
2. I can't see a movie without getting peanut M&Ms.
3. When my wife [actress Idina Menzel, 40] and I first met, we didn't like each other.
4. Growing up, I was a nerd. With actual taped eyeglasses.
5. When I was a child, my family danced to Michael Jackson. Now we do the same with my son [Walker, 2].
6. I failed chemistry.
7. I almost failed algebra.
8. I got straight A's in dance, voice and theater. Go figure.
9. I was conceived in L.A., so that was my nickname as a baby.
10. I didn't learn to drive till I was in my thirties. It shows.
11. One of my favorite films is Pretty Woman.
12. Sometimes I confuse my left with my right.
13. I hate the smell of beets!
14. I worked as a performer at Tokyo Disneyland for almost a year.
15. I want my son to grow up happy, healthy and strong.
16. And be a professional basketball player.
17. I can't wait for him to be older so we can prank his mother.
18. I'm 41 but feel like I'm 15 -- and probably act like it, too.
19. I used to glance in the mirror while I was crying to see what it looked like.
20. I also used to think schedule was pronounced "shedool."
21. I still get stage fright.
22. I love apple juice.
23. I get equally excited about courtside seats at a basketball game and great seats on Broadway.
24. One of the most gratifying things I've done is read my kids' book, Chocolate Me!, to my little boy.
25. I have more tattoos than you think.