Connor Fields narrowly made it to these Olympics. Recovering from a broken bone in his hand just in time for the Games, Fields is ready to get the medal that eluded him in 2012. Before he began competing, he shared 25 things we don't know about him exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. I absolutely hate spiders.
2. I won the 5th grade geography bee at my school and qualified for the state championships.
3. When I was 9 years old and my parents were out of town, I built a small BMX track in my backyard. They were mad, but I got to keep it!
4. My favorite candy is Reeses, by far.
5. I am a dual citizen. My dad was born in England, so I have two passports.
6. I absolutely love football and am in multiple fantasy football leagues.
7. I am attending the University of Nevada, Las Vegas part time and have been since 2013. I am currently a junior and majoring in Business Administration.
8. My favorite book series is Harry Potter. I have read them through more than five times and watched the movies countless times.
9. I almost never cry, except for sad movies. Marley and Me and Saving Private Ryan get me every time.
10. I eat mostly gluten free.
11. My handwriting is awful. I am the only one who can read it.
12. I can do the splits.
13. I have traveled to 20 different countries.
14. I started BMX when I was 7 years old, after my mom found a flier for the local BMX track.
15. I hate cooked spinach, mayonnaise and pickles.
16. I have broken both arms, torn ligaments in my ankle, had knee surgery, separated my shoulder, lacerated my spleen and had stitches multiple times, but I've never had a cavity.
17. I once lost a bet and had to do an interview in my underwear. Thankfully the interview was only from the neck up!
18. When I was a kid I would always dress up as a BMXer for Halloween.
19. My favorite cheat food is donuts. I can eat a whole box, but then I hate myself.
20. I was runner-up in the 5th grade talent show for playing the drums.
21. Growing up in Las Vegas, my friends and I would sneak into the hotel pools on weekends.
22. My friends and I once toilet-papered the same house six weekends in a row.
23. In middle school I spent my afternoons playing guitar hero. I beat the game on expert.
24. I always listen to music when I train and compete. My go to artists are Jay Z, Kanye West and Eminem.
25. I have a horrible singing voice, but I belt it out anyways.