Hollywood Veteran Matthew Modine, currently starring in TNT’s medical drama Proof, shares 25 surprising facts about himself exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. My wife, Caridad [Rivera, 60] is the love of my life.
2. My son, Boman , recently directed me in a short film, Merry Xmas.
3. MTV’s Ridiculousness is one of my favorite shows.
4. I skateboard to Cafe Gratitude for breakfast.
5. I’ve always wanted to play the ukulele.
6. I recently drove cross-country with my daughter, Ruby , in a U-Haul.
7. I once jumped from a cliff to impress my girlfriend, who’s now my wife.
8. Years later, she talked me into parachuting out of a plane. I think she’s after the insurance money.
9. Win or lose, the New York Knicks are my team.
10. I love bodysurfing in Newport Beach, California.
11. I got married on Halloween.
12. I love apple pie.
13. My real-life hero is my Aunt Alice who, at 91, still does ballet and yoga every day.
14. I’ve donned a kilt and strutted the catwalk for Sir Sean Connery’s charity.
15. I do the New York Times crossword puzzle.
16. David Alan Grier is my children’s godfather.
17. I really want a motorcycle, but it’s not going to happen.
18. I’m a solid photographer, author, and painter.
19. I own an electric car.
20. I founded a not-for-profit, Bicycle for a Day.
21. I studied astronomy and oceanography in college.
22. I will campaign for Ms. Hillary Clinton.
23. My favorite challenge is drawing portraits without lifting a pen or looking.
24. I love long, long walks.
25. I like to swing on ropes like Tarzan. I do it daily.
Medical drama Proof premieres on TNT June 16 at 10 p.m.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!