With a high profile event like the royal wedding, the pressure is on! But even with hundreds of staffers tending to every last detail, some disasters are inevitable. Us Weekly found five snafus that went down when Prince William's parents Charles and the late Princess Diana tied the knot on July 29, 1981. Beware, William and Kate!
1. A wrinkled dress. Well, it had to fit somewhere! Princess Diana (who died in 1997 at age 36) wore an impressively long 25-foot train — which ended up getting crumpled in transit to St. Paul's Cathedral. As she stepped out of the horse-drawn carriage, her bridesmaids worked hard to shake out the wrinkles. Bridesmaid India Hicks, who was 13 years old at the time, recalls Diana sympathetically whispering "just do your best" to her bridal party.
2. Botched vows. Royals are known for having more names than some overambitious celeb parents. Lady Diana tripped over her words during the ceremony, calling Prince Charles "Philip Charles Arthur George" instead of "Charles Philip Arthur George".
3. A pounding headache. Does anyone have Motrin? According to Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, Di opted to wear the Spencer family heirloom tiara, which ended up giving her a splitting headache on her wedding day.
4. A crying bridesmaid. No, this isn't a case of "always a bridesmaid; never a bride." Clementine Hambro, granddaughter of Winston Churchill (and the princess's favorite kindergarten student), was just five years old when she was in Diana's wedding party. Hambro tripped and began to cry, to which Diana asked her gently, "did you bump your bottom?"
5. Dress spies. Everyone from Issac Mizrahi to the next-door-neighbor has been anxiously buzzing about Kate Middleton's wedding dress — and things were no different thirty years ago. The creators of Princess Diana's wedding gown had a back-up dress on standby, just in case a photo or news about the guarded garment was released.
For more on the Royal Wedding, including rare photos, interviews with family and friends, details on Kate's new life as a princess and a tour of their lavish homes, order a copy of Us Weekly's Will & Kate: The Royal Wedding now.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!