Canadian singer Avril Lavigne, who is sponsoring 30 athletes in the Special Olympics (airing on ESPN through Aug. 2), spills 25 surprising facts about herself to Us Weekly!
1. I’ve dyed my hair almost every color of the rainbow at some point.
2. I moved to France by myself, not knowing anyone, to study French in 2012.
3. In addition to singing, I play guitar, drums, piano, and bass.
4. I hosted more than 200 Special Olympics athletes from 14 countries at shows during my last world tour.
5. I began the Avril Lavigne Foundation in 2010. My goal is to bring joy, support, and unity to those in need.
6. I want a teacup dog one day soon.
7. I’m an art lover and enjoy painting.
8. I have a recording studio in my home.
9. My diet is sugar-free, yeast-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and all organic.
10. My favorite “cheat day” food is a Canadian dish called poutine. It’s melted curd cheese on french fries with gravy.
11. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and Christmas music is my favorite music.
12. My older brother, Matt, is my idol.
13. I enjoy chick flicks and romantic comedies.
14. I recently opened up about my Lyme disease diagnosis, which came from an insect bite.
15. I have a French passport.
16. I love yoga and meditation.
17. I have a pizza named after me! La Pizzeria in my hometown of Napanee, Ontario, is my favorite, and I get free pizza there for life!
18. I love to cook gourmet dishes.
19. My favorite place to travel is Japan.
20. After music, art, acting, and fashion design are my passions.
21. I want to move to Italy. I feel dreamy and happy there. I want to eat, drink wine, and make incredible memories there in my future.
22. I would love to meet Will Ferrell.
23. I recently released a single, “Fly,” to support the Special Olympics.
24. The town I grew up in had a population of 5,000 people.
25. My next goal in life is moviemaking! I want to act in a Christmas movie, horror film, comedy, and more.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!