Drinks to fall for! Spice up your next gathering by serving seasonal sips crafted by Bar Rescue mixologist Russell Davis, who whipped up autumnal cocktails for the latest issue of Us Weekly.
The beverage expert from the Spike TV hit shares recipes for easy, crowd-pleasing seasonal libations to leave a lasting impression on guests. Check out two of the recipes — Cinco Minutos Mas and Gin and Tonic: Fall Remix — below. For three additional recipes, pick up the latest issue of Us Weekly, on stands now.
Cinco Minutos Mas
Davis, who is the chief cocktail officer of the subscription service Shaker & Spoon and the president of Unlimited Liabilities hospitality consulting company, makes this caffeinated pour on brisk days. “I love Irish coffees,” he tells Us. “This is a Mexico-inspired fall version.”
1 ounce reposado tequila (such as Espolón or Fortaleza)
1/8 tsp coconut oil
6 ounces fresh-brewed hot coffee
1 ounce Shaker & Spoon Mexican spice syrup
3 ounces whipping cream
Hand-cut orange peel
1. Place a shaker in the freezer. In an Irish coffee mug, combine the tequila, coconut oil and coffee. Stir until oil dissolves.
2. Remove shaker from freezer and fill with the spice syrup and whipping cream. Seal and shake for 5–10 seconds.
3. Layer the cream mixture on top of the drink. Pinch the orange zest over it to release essential oils and place on top for garnish.
Gin and Tonic: Fall Remix
Davis vows that beets, a trendy ingredient, make for an ideal addition to this classic concoction. “And it’s easy to make,” he explains, “so serve it when people are piling into the party!”
1 1/2 ounces London dry gin (such as Bulldog)
3–4 ounces cold tonic water
Sweetened beet vinegar (optional)
Pickled beet slice
1. Pour the gin into a highball or Spanish-style wine glass. Add ice. Fill with the tonic water.
2. Add a bar spoon of the beet vinegar. Garnish with the beet slice and rosemary.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!