Nothing to see here! CeeLo Green reassured fans in a Facebook live video on Saturday, December 17, that he’s doing just fine following a video clip of him collapsing to the floor from a cellphone explosion.
“I just want to let everyone know that I am alive and well, and I’m OK,” the Voice coach, 42, said in the Facebook video. “I’m really upset that anybody had to be emotionally disturbed by what they saw today.”
Green thanked his fans for “their support and concern” but revealed that the clip was actually just a part of a new project that he’s working on. “Actually, what you saw today was a clip from a smaller video we were shooting for a project I’m doing called Gnarly Davidson,” he said. “It’s supposed to set up and introduce the new character.”
Fans of the “Forget You” crooner were shocked when CCTV footage of the singer in a recording studio went viral earlier on Saturday. In the clip, a man who looks to be Green is shown sitting at a mixing console inside a recording studio. At one point, he starts chatting on his cellphone, but the device suddenly starts smoking and bursts into flames. The man instantly falls out of his chair and onto the floor.
It was initially unclear as to when the incident took place, or whether Green was OK, and fellow celebs hopped onto social media to express their own surprise and disbelief.
"Sooo manyyyy prayers & light to you brother!!!! I [pray] your hearing is ok!!!" singer Omarion wrote on Twitter. Code Black actor Rob Lowe added, "How can Elon Musk make a car that drives itself, but Samsung can't make a phone that doesn't explode in your face?" (Samsung withdrew its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone earlier this year after reports that the devices were catching fire. It is unclear if the man in the video was using a Samsung phone.)
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!